EN | Site Reliability Engineer - Engineering Productivity (m/f/x)
The "3M" team at willhaben is responsible for software architecture, engineering productivity and general tech leadership for components used company-wide. As a support team we actively promote technical progress at all levels in cooperation with our tribes and teams and also ensure efficient development processes over the whole software development lifecycle.
Are you motivated to tackle these tasks?
- You take care of the operation of internal applications in the software delivery pipeline, including capacity management, performance testing, deployment and monitoring, and incident resolution.
- You develop and maintain internal software components and tools (in Java and Python) which automate processes and gather code metrics.
- You work in a team which (together with the product tribes) promotes the "technical fitness" of our platform and developer productivity.
- You have an interest in DevOps concepts and the topic of site reliability engineering (see for example https://landing.google.com/sre/).
Does this sound like you?
- You have technical knowledge of Linux, Docker/Kubernetes, databases, webservers, observability, CI/CD, and automation - and are motivated to learn all the related technologies that we have in operation.
- Experience in production operation of Gitlab, Jira, and static code analysis tools such as Sonarqube are a bonus.
- You are pragmatic when solving problems and choose approaches which balance costs and benefits.
- You enjoy investigating existing processes related to software delivery to identify possibilities for improvement.
Are you excited about the following points? Then we're a perfect match!
- You will work mostly autonomous within your Tribe.
- Use of modern technologies (Java 11, Spring Boot 2, Kotlin, React, Kafka).
- Co-determination in the selection of frameworks and programming languages within the Tribe.
- Personal budget for conferences and trainings.
- Selection of preferred working laptop and operating system (Windows, Linux, MacOS), private use is allowed.
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits based on your performance, experience and qualifications. The Austrian law stipulates that the minimum wage must be specified in job postings. The minimum salary for this position is 46.500 EUR gross per year in the collective agreement (IT-Kollektivvertrag 2021). The office is located in Vienna, Austria.
The health of our employees is very important to us. Currently, only around 50% of every team is in the office due to COVID-19, which results in 40% attendance (2 office days/ week) and 60% home office for everyone. In the future, 2 home office days per week will also be possible.
Do you want to be part of the dream team? Apply today! Your contact person Michael Osl is looking forward to receiving your application including a letter of motivation. Please feel free to include a video link as well.